Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Welcome to my journey!!!

I would like to say welcome to my new readers!  I was asked to contribute an article for the Chambanamoms.com website to talk about the challenges of weight loss for moms especially.  As you know on October 19th 2010 I had the Lap Band Procedure done my Dr. Sidney Rohrscheib in Champaign IL.  Weight loss surgery is not for everyone but since I was looking down at the scale weighing 324 and had battled obesity all my life I knew I HAD to make a change!  I have learned many things in the last 6 months.  I have learned that I am a very strong, determined and beautiful person inside in out.  I learned that weight loss has given me so much more energy and self pride.  Up until the last few years I had not had any self image problems but as I began to become larger I became more insecure and less willing to try new activities and wear things that brought attention to me.  Weight loss has brought a lot of emotions up in the last 6 months; scared, excited, determined, frustrated, happy, sad and at times overwhelmed.  I eat and exercise much different than I ever have.  I am a very open person and since this is my blog I well tell it how it is!  I am very dedicated to my family and they mean the world to me.  Without my husband, kids and other family this past year may not have been possible.  I have a lot of long time and new friends who have supported me during this journey.  I encourage you to read my blog from start to finish and please feel free to comment or email me with any questions or anything.  I am a firm believer in "passing it forward" and if I can help encourage someone to do something for themselves especially in regards to their health I feel like I made a difference.  I talk about a wide range of topics because I have found that your weight does effect alot in our lives.  I feel like the Lord has blessed me with a "new" life, one filled with energy, promise and hopefully a long life.  Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments!  Have a great day my friend!  Jane

jsprandel@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment