Monday, April 11, 2011

Does Weight Loss change every thing?

I will warn you I do not know what  this post will turn out to be so be forewarned since I am feeling a bit reflective and thankful for my faith today!  I think as a society we have come to be accustomed to thin is beautiful  and well you would be such a pretty girl if you could loose some weight.  I had never believed that.  I know of some pretty ugly average/thin people.  What makes someone beautiful is who they ARE!  I have always thought of myself as a beautiful person in regards to how I treat others, my overall positive attitude, my work ethic, my love for God, family and Country.  But as the last 6 months have nearly flown by along with 90 plus pounds I have found out something, weight does change everything!!!

I do get a lot more positive attention these days.  The best comment which always makes me laugh is, "you are getting so thin!"  Well I feel like I am a long ways from being thin, but thank you for noticing my hard work!  I think changing your lifestyle is contagious.  Everyone asks me if Tony, my husband, is getting fit too.  Well the simple answer is, I think he is close to saying, Enough is Enough for him.  I am so proud of him, he has given up pop which was a large amount of his caloric intake, he seems to be making wiser choices and is talking about getting "sexy buff" again.  Those are my words not his!  LOL   If you have learned anything about my journey  I hope one thing is that until the person is ready  friends, family, and doctors can say things till they are in the blue in the face, but it is not until the PERSON is ready  that a lifelong change can happen.  We all can loose weight but you have to change your life to make it permanent.    So I am so glad that my journey has caused others to make changes in their lifestyle.  I am especially proud of my husband for realizing that he needs to do this first for HIMSELF and then his family!  Baby steps are still forward steps in my book!

Another way that weight loss can change everything is possibly, by changing your dreams or maybe just redirecting them.  As many of you know I am a mom to two wonderful kids that I gained the day I said "I Do"  After our wedding Tony and I became the parents of another child.  I love all three of my kids as my own and raise them as my own.  Many do not realize that I only have given birth to Raegyn.  After a few years of loving our family of 5 we decided that we wanted to chase our  dream and have another baby.  Well we tried for 3 years with no success.  As I think of some of those dark days it makes me very sad.  We had limits as to how far we would go in the infertility carousal.  We had been blessed with 3 healthy children and thought maybe God had a plan for us so we  decided it was time to do something for ME and that is why the Lap Band thing seemed like a good dream to chase.  With the Lap Band you can have more children but they do suggest that you wait at least 1 year before trying to conceive.  As the weight came off Tony and I had a really hard talk one night.  Many a nights we sat on the couch while I cried about the baby I would not have.  A few months after my surgery Tony brought up the fact that I was weighing less now than when I got pregnant with Raegyn.  Should we look into some birth control?  Well I am sure their were some tears about my "lost dream"  I know the day I took my first Depo shot I was very sad that I was probably exstinguising a dream.  Well today I feel like I made a decision that has totally confirmed that we will always be the Sprandel 5.  Today as I went into get an IUD inserted I seen girls coming in asking for the morning after pill and others giggly because they think they are pregnant.  Call me old fashioned but they all look like they could be  high school and none of them had a wedding band on.  I could only sit there as I waited for my appointment asking God, "How is that you know that this is the plan for the Sprandel's?"  There is a reason why those 3 years we did not have any success, probably my weight was a big reason but in the overall grand scheme of things it was God's plan for us to not have any more kids and for me to realize that I needed to focus on me, not babies.  Sure I can have my IUD removed anytime in the next 5 years but face it folks, I am 35 and Tony is 38.  This is God's plan for us, he wants us to get healthy and enjoy the gift of 3 wonderful lives he has given us. 

I could go on and on how loosing weight changes things for you but I am going to end it with a little clue to a Facebook post I made last week.  I have never looked at myself as a writer and when I started this blog I never thought anyone would read it let alone be inspired by it.  My clue to last weeks post that I had big news that I could not share till this week  has to due with.........I have been given the opportunity to share my story with a larger audience.  That is a big enough clue for now!  I know I am a tease!! 

I am hoping any day I can share the new avenue I have been given to share my journey.  I am amazed with all the things that have changed in the past 6 months for me, obviously my weight, new hair cut, new glasses, a higher self esteem, I feel wonderful, I work out, I eat healthy, I do not drink any carbonated beverages, the list goes on and on.  All of them are positive.  As I shared my loss of a possibly dream I know that the Lord has a plan for me and that plan for now seems for me to be the best mom and wife I can be to my family of 5!  I pray that this nice weather has inspired you to go for a walk, a bike ride, plant some flowers or at least get out in the fresh air!  I pray all is well with you!  Until next time, Take Care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment