Monday, April 18, 2011

Customer Relations

Not sure if you caught my post from Sunday but I wrote about the Top 10 Things about Food and my Lap Band.  One of them was that Ryan's the Restaurant does not allow you to use your Lap-Band Card.....

(Number 7:  It is not allowed to use my Lap Band card at Ryan's so that I can pay for a smaller portion. I nicely explained to the manager that I eat like a 1 year old and she nicely stated that to many people were printing weight loss cards off the Internet and they getting 10 plates of food.  To bad a few jerks ruined it for people who honestly need some accommodations.  So eating at Ryan's for dinner on Seth's birthday will probably not happen again.  (I have a cute credit card sized card that asks a restaurant to allow me to have a child's portion since I have had weight loss surgery.  Sort of a cool card.  Also if I am ever hurt and unconscious it is  stated on there  that I have the Lap Band, when and by whom with their 800 number.  Let me know if you ever want to see it or if I am passed out you can get it out of my wallet for the EMT)  LOL)

So last night I decided that I was going to send them a nice note and let them know I was a little frustrated with their policy of not allow individuals to use a permanent card to get a reduced price at their establishment.  I was very nice and professional and today this is the email I got back from them that sort of frustrated me. 




Dear Ms. Jane Sprandel,
Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate hearing from our guests. Your input helps us continue to improve and ensure we are providing the best dining experience possible to our guests.

Thank you for inquiring about discounts for Gastric Bypass or Lap Band patients at our restaurants. We can certainly understand and empathize with your request for a discount because of your situation. We try to be fair to all of our other adult guests by charging one price that we feel is a great value for the dining experience that we offer. We receive many requests for discounts and while we would love to honor them all, we are a business and we have to provide programs that treat all of our guests fairly and equally. You can be assured that we continue to focus on offering our guests a value-priced meal every day which includes a wide variety of entrees, side dishes, salads and desserts.

You are a valued guest and we hope you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you dine with us. Again, thank you for taking the time to email; your honest feedback is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,

Guest Relations
Case # 311821



You know this response has just made me more upset!  You do not treat your customers fairly.....I do not get a senior citizen discount as an adult.  I understand that people were abusing the cards and that is a shame but to say you treat everyone equal.  I want my senior discount then next time I go!  If we are all equal then I should be allowed to have a discount too!  I know why do I let stupid things bother me????  Well there will not be another opportunity for them to meet my expectations.  I told Tony today that he and the kids and go or even go with my dad and sister but I do not feel like I get anywhere close to my moneys worth.  At least when I go to a regular restaurant I can get a to go box. 

I am done venting for now.  Do you think I should be a little crabby over this "form letter" response?  Have a great day!  Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment