Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More Changes Brewing or Just High on Emotions???

So I am now just a little over 2 weeks post op and overall I feel great.  It seems that my clothes are not as snug anymore, people are noticing that I am losing weight, and I feel like I am accomplishing something major in my life but with all this positive there is a little nag of something else going on.  I feel like I have bite a big piece of change off and I seem to be doing really well tackling it, but with that said I feel like I either  want to make more changes or maybe I am just a little hormonally imbalanced??   In my soul I feel like the next change involves my family especially my children.  The holidays are right around the corner.  As Thanksgiving approaches I feel like I have so much to be thankful for.  Just with this weight loss I am so thankful for Tony, my family, friends, and everyone else who has encouraged me and helped me during this time.  I am thankful that I was healthy enough to do the surgery and that I am young enough that I will be able to totally reap the rewards of this change.  I am thankful that I had the courage and will power to do this.  I am so appreciative and thankful.  So here is where I am questioning things.... so do I want to keep on making major changes in our household or am I just a little hormonal??  

As many parents raising kids will agree to.....I wonder if my kids appreciate things or have kids today come to expect things??  As I make daily sacrifices diet wise I think how as kids my kids do not have to make many sacrifices in their lives.  They seem to have all they need in life plus more.  Like most parents  we have tried  to give our kids the most that we can but,  have we given our kids to much that  they have come to expect it rather than appreciate it??  So I am questioning if it is time to make not only cuts diet wise for me in this house but maybe we need to evaluate too what we have and take for granted maybe not truly appreciate.  As Thanksgiving is approaching can you think of what you are thankful for??  Then think about Christmas are you thinking of all the things  you have to do,places to  go, things to buy, wrap, and fuss over?  Maybe we all need to make a CHANGE.....I want to make Thanksgiving a celebration of what I have to be thankful for and this Christmas I want to give!  I want to give less financially but more lovingly, serving wise , volunteering and being a good example to others.

Change is a good thing.  I will admit it can be scary but I am glad that I decided to make a change. 
I think making some changes/sacrifices in our home maybe what our family needs.  Maybe if we depended on less; Cable, junk food, spending money dumbly, and just overall lack of thought maybe we as a family would grow closer, becoming more caring, giving, and appreciative.

Overall I still don't know if I am just hormonal, very spiritual tonight, or just ready for a change but I encourage you to think about the upcoming holidays in a different way.  What are you Thankful for?  What can you give of yourself for other this Christmas season??  Remember Jesus is the reason for the season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment