Monday, November 15, 2010

Antibiotics and the Lap-Band

So many of you may know by now that unless you want to get sick don't come close to any of the Sprandel's.  The Girls and I have all be swabbed and found to be positive for Strep throat in the last few days.  Tony's initial test came back negative but the lady admitted it was hard to get a good swab on him so she was going to send it to the lab to see if it would grow, but in the mean time he got to have antibiotics also.  So as of Sunday night 4/5 of the Sprandel's were taking Antibiotics.  Today Seth came home with a fever, headache, and sore throat so I called the pediatrician and thankfully she just prescribe him stuff so we did not have to go to town for a culture.  So it stinks to be sick especially when we are ALL  sick!  Boo! 

So I never thought about antibiotics and how my lap band could pose a problem.  The PA suggested that I take my pills 3 times a day rather than 2 times a day  since the pills are smaller.  Sounded good to me until I got to the pharmacy and realized those pills were huge too!  So luckily the pharmacist was able to give me the liquid medicine but I do have to take 2tsp of it and I would never tell the girls but it really does not taste that good!  :(    Someone else suggested that maybe I should ask for a shot next time.  I will have to remember to ask my banding doctor or primary at my next visit. 

I had a week there a while back where my scale was stuck and I am so glad to say that it is going well again.  I sort of had a tough few days last week with eating some meat but I think it just was not small enough since I tried a little more over the weekend and did pretty well with it.  So this morning I did my daily weigh in and was pleased to see that my total is now 283.  I had set an unofficial goal to be 275 before Christmas but at this rate I will hit that at Thanksgiving.  So I have lost a total of 41 pounds. 

To be honest I don't really see that I have lost 41 pounds.  I do feel that my clothes fit better.  I have some athletic pants that I have always worn around the house that I  feel fit a lot better now.  I think my clothes are looking better on me.  I have not bought anything new but the other day, I had a shirt in my closet and I tried it on and I thought it looked decent so I wore it.  McKenna seen it later and said, "wow mom your shirt is so cute, is that new??"  Well it sort of is.....I bought it a while ago thinking it is so cute...oh a few pounds and it will be no problem to wear that, well that finally happened and I was glad that I bought that cute shirt, because my day finally came, to bad it took at least a year or more! 

Hopefully this week I continue to stay on track and continue my weight loss journey with more loss or to stay the same...that is a victory also!  Most importantly I want myself and family to all start feeling better.  I have a busy weekend planned!!  I am going to go to the OWB  consignment toy sell, Gifford State Bank Craft Show, and then The Champaign Festival of Trees.  It is the time of year that I love. Looking forward to spending some time with a few of my girl friends and my kids at the Tree Festival! 

Have a wonderfully Blessed week and I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers as I Thank the Lord for all your prayers and encouraging words! 

No comments:

Post a Comment