Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Well it is that time of the year that everyone takes time to make new year's resolutions.  I will admit in the past I have made some but few have I kept.  This past year I am sure I said I was going to get healthier and lose weight.  Well I guess I did do that!   In 2011 I have a new resolution, one that is going to probably be the hardest one I have ever set.  I am going to try to eliminate stress and stressors in my life.  I have always worn my heart on my sleeve and cared to much what people thought.  Today I had a WONDERFUL doctors appointment and she challenged me to put my needs first, my families needs first, and not worry about what others think.  So that is the plan.  I need to stop pleasing others and do things for me and the ones I love.  The days of me keeping the peace are well.......over I guess.  I can not let other people and their drama bring me down.  As much as I love Facebook......it brings me stress.  I worry to much about what the "Jones" are doing.  Every time someone who I guess I will say it......is  pregnant and really is not in a great situation, financially marriage wise or etc,  I question why Tony and I tried for 3 years to have a baby and no luck and well some gals......can just pop them out.  I know this is not politically correct but there again....it is my blog and my new years resolution, I am going to not let other peoples drama become my drama! I think so many times I read or see things on Facebook and I make it my drama.  Not anymore!!  I am going to avoid drama in all areas of my life.  I am not saying that I am going to become rude and avoide people but I have decided that I do not always have to do the "right" think to please others especially if it is not pleasing to me and God!

 This year I am making goals for my family too!  Tony and I both have joined the gym and I want to eat healthier this coming year as a family.  We want to have less tv in our home and more reading and interacting as a family.  I know that if we "get back to the basics" in our family things will be better overall......maybe not at first but I know in the end everyone will thank me for the change!  RIGHT????  I am very motivated to make changes in our lives.  This will be the year that hopefully brings us closer because we are going to eliminate distractions. 

This week in regards to my band has been....hard.  Food, especially meat and I have not gotten along well.  Weight has pretty much stayed the same which is fine with me since I have been still sampling Christmas cookies and other treats.  I go next week for another fill in my band so we will see if they feel that I need one or if I should wait.  I am sort of torn on what to do.  I want to keep filling and continue the weight loss but it seems that my body is still losing on its own and I am sort of struggling with some foods maybe I should hold off and once I get in the gym that will really help get more weight off and tone me up! 

I hope as 2010 comes to a close you are able to look back and think of all the great things that have happened in your life.  Also think about what you want to change in 2011.  I would love to hear what you want 2011 to bring you!  I am not expecting goals of 50 pounds of weight loss, new jobs and new homes but what I would love to hear about is those of you who want to spend a few extra moments with your family, spouse or  God.  I want my friends to set goals of doing something for themselves.  Goals of eating better, exercising more and maybe focusing on a charity.  We can not change the world but WE can change how we view and live in OUR world!  Have a great New Years eve and Day! 

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment