Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is here!

Not only is spring here but also Spring Break for my kids!  Our kids have a two week break from school so on Monday morning we are headed to St. Louis for a few days to tour the city and have some fun.  We plan to head to the Arch, The Zoo and the City Museum. My sister is actually going with us so Tony and I may just get a little alone time in St Louis too!  I am hoping that we can make it to Union station while we are there.  As my sister in law would say...I need some retail therapy.  If I do not get it in St. Louis I think I am going to get it once I get back.  Like I said in my last post I am going through a lot of clothes lately and I am needing some new clothes. 

This past week was a good one.  I lost a few more pounds so I am down a total of 88 pounds.  This week I really felt that I had figured the whole eating thing out.  As you may know I eat soup every morning whether I am at work or home.  This past week I decided that I needed to get out of my comfort zone and try a couple of other foods for breakfast.  Watermelon and bananas were both well accepted by my band this week.  I will admit that I tend to get comfortable with certain foods and I am trying to eat new things.  I have learned to just stay relaxed , eat slowly, and chew extremely well.  This afternoon I did a first....we went out to Montana Mikes for lunch as a family and with my dad and sister.  I actually had steak.  Of course I was a little nervous about this but I remembered to eat slow, chew well and stay relaxed.  Of course I do not eat much but I was able to enjoy some of the loaded cheese fries for our appetizer, a little salad, some steak, and baked potato. Seth, McKenna, Raegyn and I all shared the large steak. I was so full but I was glad that I was able to eat what I wanted and had minimal problems.  I have learned that sometimes if I walk that will sometimes help the "stuck" food move but today when I made it to the rest room I had a little problem but overall it was minor and I am so glad that I was able to enjoy my first steak meal out since my surgery. 
Also this weekend I went to my hometown and seen lots of people who know me from my youth and have been following my story.  It feels so wonderful all the positive feedback I get from people on all of my hard work.  I actually seen someone who's daughter had considered Lap Band and I encouraged her to have her contact me with any questions.  If you know someone who has questions about Lap Band have them check out my blog and even more importantly have them ask me questions.  I feel that part of my success is also to share my journey.  This makes me accountable and it encourages me to continue to learn more about my tool and how it can improve my overall life.  LIFE is WONDERFUL right now!!!  I get asked how I feel.  I feel the best I ever had!  My knee does not hurt hardly at all, I have energy, and I am excited about the new me.  Little things like clothes and jewelry are starting to make me excited.  I am starting to feel more feminine again.  Pray for Tony!!!  I have not started shopping yet but he has given me the green light I just hope I do not get carried away and he shows me the yellow light!  LOL 

I want to end my blog today with a quote I found in a magazine that comes from the Biggest Loser.  I keep this by my computer and it inspires me!  Be inspired to do something for YOU today!  Take care of your health, this includes your emotional health.  Pamper yourself, go for a walk but most of all smile today and the whole world will smile with you! 


"Believe in yourself. Trust the process. Change forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment