Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting Personal

Our local newspaper.  The News Gazette runs a weekly article in the Sunday living section called Getting Personal.  The writer Meg Dickenson, interviews well known people or people you should know from around the area.  Today she encouraged local people who blog to answer the following questions and she may feature some of our answers in an upcoming article.  So here are some of my immediate answers that I thought up tonight.  Enjoy!  Jane

  Jane Sprandel, 35 Living in  Thomasboro, originally from Cissna Park IL

Profession: Work as a grocery inventory analyst for the Champaign Meijer store

What time do you typically get up? What do you do the first hour of the morning? I get up at 4am Monday-Friday I try to only hit the snooze once, weigh, brush my teeth and such, get dressed grab my pills and head off to work to clock in by 5am.

What did you have for lunch today? Had a late lunch of popcorn. Where? At home after work and running errands. With whom my kids were home but they had already had a snack when I made my popcorn

Best high school memory. I have loved sports all my life and while in high school I did some work as a student athletic trainer.

Tell me about your favorite pair of shoes. They would have to be my orange and blue Illini crocs

What does a perfect Sunday afternoon include? Watching a game of football with my family. Right now my son plays for the Rantoul Falcons but also love to root for the Steelers!

Was there one book you read as a child that you still cherish? Own? Read? I Will Love You Forever! Love to still read it to my kids. Often give it as a shower gift!

Where on earth are you dying to go? Why? I would like to go to Germany with my husband. I was there as a high school student for an exchange but would like to go there again with him. It is such a wonderful place!

Tell me about your favorite pet. I have had several dogs in my life but my Lab Bertha was one wild girl. I can’t say if our current dogs, Tyson a boxer or our Lab Sully is my favorite….they may start pouting.

Have you discovered as you matured that you are becoming like one of your parents? I have a great loving caring heart like my mom.

Which one and how? I have always had many of my moms traits and temper but learning to be more even tempered like my dad but still very diplomatic

What would you order for your last meal? In the hope I could eat it: I would go to Outback Steakhouse. I would have a medium steak, loaded baked potato, salad with blue cheese and some of their bread. For dessert…something with Chocolate.

What can you NOT live without? My Iphone

Who do you have on your iPod? A lot of Christian artists and workout music with upbeat tempo

What’s the happiest memory of your life? The day I married my husband Tony and promised to love his two kids Seth and McKenna as my kids and then when we brought our daughter Raegyn into the world. Family is so important to me!

If you could host a dinner party with any three living people in the world, whom would you invite? Sarah Palin, Julia Roberts, Jodi Picoult

What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given? If you can go to bed at night and know that the Lord would be proud of you then it was a successful day.

What’s your best piece of advice? Never have regrets. Maybe wish things would have happened differently but in the end we all learn from our mistakes and challenges.

What was your first job, and how much did you make an hour? I worked at our school/public library in Cissna Park while in high school. Thinking about $4.35 per hour

What was a pivotal decision in your career, and how did you arrive at that decision? I decided to leave retail management so I could focus on being a mom. I am currently a full time working mom but at least I have a set schedule with some flexability to participate in my kids activities.

Do you have a bad habit? What is it?

How do you handle a stressful situation? I am learning to try to work out, call a friend or sometimes just have a good cry. I do a lot of praying so that helps me work through the tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment