Friday, August 5, 2011

Updates galore!

So it has been a few weeks since I sent out a blog post and I apologize for that!  We had a wonderful time at Kentucky Lake with my dad and sister  We did a lot of fishing, boating, swimming in the lake and most importantly relaxing.  Once we got back football season was in full swing for our son.  Sunday will be his first game of the season and this football mom is pumped!  The kids have completed a week and a half of school and they are all doing great and they love it.  Work is going well, hectic but still good as we gear up for the students.  I have been finding that I love my husband more each day which is a great thing especially as we reach 7 years of married bliss in September.  A few personal stresses in our lives but nothing that a little time and prayer won't work out.  All is all life is great especially my weight loss journey. 

Today I am about 16 pounds from my goal of 199.  When I set my goal to be 200 pounds I never thought I would achieve it especially this quickly.  Oct 19th is my 1 year band anniversary and I would like to meet the 199 point by then. While on vacation I lost 7 pounds.  That is unheard of.  LOL  I still continue to weigh everyday and watch it fluctuate a little.  This is a bad habit I need to break....it is a hard one.  I think starting Sunday we are going to have family weigh in time and rest of the week the scale will be in the cabinet....lets see if I can do it.  This is a bit obsessive compulsive but I think I can control my urge to weigh in every morning.  LOL  Had another great visit the other day with my primary...he pretty much said he does not know what else he can do to help me and felt that the next time he would need to see me is in a year.  A year??  I have not been on that kind of a health plan like ever!  My A1C was 5.6   For those of you who do not know that is the 3 month blood sugar test and 5.6 is awesome!  Not sure if I have ever been a 5.6 let alone doing it with no medication.  I have come so far and I am truly proud of myself. 

Today I meet a lady at work who was looking for something that she is allowed to eat  on her diet that she is on.  She happens to be on the I believe it is called the Ideal protein diet?  I know a doctor who is running this program and has had good success with his patients.  Anyways this lady and I got talking...I know surprising that I could make a friend in the middle of the supermarket aisle huh? lol   She was telling me about her diet and I was telling her about my journey.  It goes right back to what I have always said.....it does not matter what path your journey takes you on as long as it is the right journey for you and your  forever health.  I told her I was proud of her making the decision at age 50 to take charge of her life.  She is just starting her journey but I can see she has the will to succeed.  She complimented me on my success and that meant alot to me.  I am proud of myself...I am just learning to say that and believe it.  I still think it is funny that people think I look so different now and sometimes don't recognize me....well I guess I have changed a little.  I will let you check out some pictures and you can tell me what you think!  As always thank you for your support and I am always here for you too! Have a great weekend and I promise that I will not stay away as long next time!  God Bless!  Jane

  Tony and I

This is one of my favorite new pics of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment