Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Blah's

So Monday is my weigh in morning.  Each time when I step on the scale I remind myself that the number does not define me or the dedication that I am putting in.  Well I got on the scale and it was not being kind, it said I was up roughly 2 pounds.  GRRR!!!  Well of course I run thru all the things that I had eaten last week and thinking well duh, you had a birthday cupcake at your niece’s birthday party, you stopped at Starbucks twice, you actually have been eating more frequently so surely that is what happened.  STOP THE INSANITY JANE!!!  I am not referring to not enjoying life, I am referring to Jane it is okay.  I have to type that for the world to see so I can realize that this is a journey and no road is smooth especially when you live in IL.  Today I also went to see my social worker.  I shared with her how I blog and I am probably a little abnormal when I do since I am so honest someone to give others a glimpse into my head but also to let others know they are not alone in whatever trials they are experiencing.  She and I talked about how I have fears this time.  I am afraid of becoming obsessed with watching what I eat and exercising too much.  Not exactly what she expected I would say.  She reminded me that I should always enjoy my food, but maybe do something in moderation.  As far as exercise, there is nothing wrong with finding ways to get some movement in with my family and friends and still feel like I am making good choices.  I never said this would be easy but in closing of our session somehow we got talking about my mom and her last days.  Weird huh!  Well she was almost in tears, I was fine, till I left and realized that this is why I HAVE to take care of me.  I cannot change my genetics but I can control what I eat, how I treat my body, how I treat my mind.  I deserve it! 

I have a favor to ask:  I am looking for a few ideas of incentives I can reward myself with as I work towards weight, fitness goals and such.  Also snacks!!  OMG  I love to nibble especially at my desk.  I am looking for good snacks that do not have a lot of sugar due to my slight blood sugar problem right now and unfortunately I struggle eating raw veggies because I don’t digest them well with my band.  So that is your challenge: Incentives and snacks! 

Probably Thursday after my appointment for my band I will check back in and update you with the good the bad and the ugly!  Do something great for yourself, You deserve it!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment